Sunday, May 1, 2011

Facebook Update: Bin Laden Dead!!


I first heard the news through a text message from my roommate: "Osama Bin Laden is dead!"

To which I didn't reply right away because I was in disbelief. But soon my inbox alerted me that NY Times sent out an urgent announcement with the same headline!
The news is true. I just watched the news and heard some background on the story, and about how Obama directed a special unit to go ahead and take out Bin Laden. It was a secret intelligence operation that was in the works since last August. Find the whole story here on CNN.

Quite an unexpected end to the evening. I have a bus trip planned for an upcoming weekend to NYC. With this news and the tension that will come from it I'm wondering if it will be cancelled. We will see.

I can't currently find a site with Obama's live address to the nation about the news. For anyone that didn't tune in, it would be worth looking up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment